University of Jordan Local Committee
1. Naffa R, Bdour S, Migdadi H, Shehabi A. 2006. Enterotoxicity and genetic variation among clinical Staphylococcus aureus isolates in Jordan. J Med Microbiol. 55: 183 – 187.
2. Bakri F, Al-Hommos N, Shehabi A, Naffa R, Cui L, Hiramatsu K. 2007. Persistent Bacteraemia Due to Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus with Reduced Susceptibility to Vancomycin in a Patient with Erythrodermic psoriasis. Scand J Infect Dis. 39: 457-60.
3. Shakah H, Awidi A, Naffa R, Ismail S. 2009. Screening patients with polycythemia vera for c-Kit mutations. Leuk lymphoma. 50: 127-129.
4. Ali S, Al-Jundi S, Mhaidat N, Awawdeh L, Naffa R. 2010. Effect of Coconut Water Concentration on Survival of Bench-Dried Periodontal Ligament Cells. Inte J Clin Pediatr Dent.
5. Mustafa MS, El-Abadelah MM, Zihlif MA, Naffa RG, Mubarak MS. 2011. Synthesis, and Antitumor Activity of Some N1-(Coumarin-7-yl) Amidrazones and Related Congeners. Molecules. 16: 4305-4317.
6. Zihlif M, Beno H, Baroqa M, Naffa R. 2011. Some insights into the cellular responses agains doxorubicin and actinomycin D. J Med J. 45:323-330.
7. Naffa RG, Awidi AS, Yousef AF, Ismail SI. 2012. CYP1A1, GST polymorphisms and risk of Polycythemia Vera. Cancer Epedim. 36: 68-72.
8. Zihlif M, Afifi F, Muhtaseb R, El-Khatib S, Abaza I, Naffa R. 2012. Screening the anti angiogenic activity of medicinal plants grown and sold in Jordan. Planta Med. 78:297-301.
9. Awad ED, El-Abadelah MM, Matar S, Zihlif MA, Naffa RG, Al-Momani EQ, Mubarak MS. 2012. Synthesis and biological activity of some 3-(4-(substituted)-piperazin-1-yl)cinnolines. Molecules. 17:227-239.
10. Abu-Aisheh MN, Mustafa MS, El-Abadelah MM, Naffa RG, Ismail SI, MA Zihlif MA, Tahad MO, Mubarak MS. 2012. Synthesis and biological activity assays of some new N1-(flavon-7-yl) amidrazone derivatives and related congeners. Eur J Med Chem. [In Press].
11. Kasabri V, Abu-Dahab R, Naffa R, Majdalawi L, Afifi F. 2012. Modulation of pancreatic MIN6 insulin secretion and proliferation and extrapancreatic glucose absorption with Achillea santolina, Eryngium creticum and Pistacia atlantica extracts: in vitro evaluation. J Exp Integ Med. [In Press].
12. Ismail SI, Naffa RG, Yousef MF, Ghanim MT. 2012. Occurrence of bcr-abl fusion transcripts in healthy individuals: what are the real numbers?. Int J Lab Hematol. [In Press].
13. Kasabri V, Abu-Dahab R, Naffa R, Majdalawi L, Afifi F, Shawash, H. 2012. In vitro modulation of pancreatic MIN6 insulin secretion and proliferation and extrapancreatic glucose absorption by paronechia argentea, Rheum ribes and Teucrium polium extracts. JJPS. [In Press].
14. Yousef AM, Bulatova NR, Newman W, Hakooz N, Ismail S, Qusa H, Zahran F, Anwar Ababneh N, Hasan F, Zaloom I, Khayat G, Al-Zmili R, Naffa R, Al-Diab O. 2012. Allele and genotype frequencies of the polymorphic cytochrome P450 genes (CYP1A1, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, CYP2C9 and CYP2C19) in the Jordanian population. Mol Biol Rep. [In Press].
With the arrival of the holy month of Ramadan and due to the hard situation that our Syrian brothers are facing, IFMSA-JO started the project "Lastom Wahdakom" meaning "You are not Alone" to support them. This project aimed to support and help the refugees as much as we can, aiming to improve their standards of living adn stand beside them in these unfortunate days.
This project was on Saturday, the 27th of August and 50 students gathered to distribute meals for 500 people at breakfast and giving out 100 Food packages that contained basic essential food products like sugar, rice, tea, noodles and other necessities. Thanks to all the people who donated to make this initiative come true.
Students Oday Halhouli and Mohammad Alkhoujah represented the University of Jordan and the Faculty of Medicine in Neuroscience 2016,the 46th annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience(SfN), held November 12–16, 2016, in San Diego, CA.
SfN is a nonprofit membership organization of nearly 40,000 basic scientists and physicians who study the brain and nervous system.It is considered the most important annual forum for the global neuroscience research community.
Presenting a poster, titled "The Association of Polymorphisms in genes related to Vitamin B and Methionine Cycle with the Pathophysiology of Autism in Jordan", twice, and winning the society for neuroscience Trainee Professional Development Award.
Mohammad and Oday would like to expand their gratitude to Dr Loai Alzghoul, Mohammad Shhab and Mohammad Aldahabi for their lab assistance, The faculty of medicine and King Abdullah II Fund for Development who made their endeavor possible with their continuous support and guidance.
Link to the abstract http://www.sfn.org/ annual-meeting/neuroscience- 2016/sessions-and-events/ program/~/media/SfN/Documents/ Annual%20Meeting/FinalProgram/ NS2016/Full%20Abstract%20PDFs% 202016/SfN16_Abstract%20PDFs% 20%20Posters_1_Sat_PM.ashx
The International Federation of Medical Students Associations in Jordan/University of Jordan (IFMSA-Jo/UJLC) have launched the voluntary "Jordan University Hospital Smoke Free Campaign" in collaboration with the hospital's Anti-Smoking Committee. 60 clinical students completed a two-day work shop about Tobacco Dependence Treatment held in collaboration with King Hussein Cancer Center at the V Business Center in Khalda. The aim for this workshop is to train well-rounded medical students who are interested in smoking cessation and to be able to answer patients questions about methods and ways of smoking cessation and to fend the effects of secondary and tertiary smoking in the community
This is a new meta-analysis that has been published this week. I've been working on it in the past year.
International Federation of Medical Students Associations in Jordan/University of Jordan (IFMSA-Jo/UJLC) in collaboration with King Hussein Cancer Center organized an Anti-Smoking Awareness Workshop for basic years medical students at the University of Jordan as a part of their project "JUH Smoke Free Campaign" under the supervision of Dr. Nakhleh Abu-Yaghi and under the leadership of Sura Mubarak and Nour Hayek, fourth year medical students at the University of Jordan.
The School of Medicine University of Jordan held a scientific workshop about problem based learning (BPL) and new techniques in medical teaching.